Friday, June 13, 2008

on the bus




I tried my hand last night at drawing on the bus, and it is HARD. Aside from the lack of elbow room, bumpiness, or peering eyes, the biggest problem is that NO ONE SITS STILL. My drawing heroes (say, Chris Ware or Anders Nilsen) are SO GOOD at drawing on public transport--clearly it takes a good deal more practice and/or tenacity, or for the drawing subjects to fall asleep in their seats... In any case, I was engrossed enough to completely overshoot my stop + had to walk several miles back from Echo Park to Silver Lake to get home...

3 comments:

jeremy said...

mmmm nice. especially like the 3rd one down.

Nor said...

funny enough that was when the bus was going through beverly hills--a calm moment...

Unknown said...

Wow, those are fantastic. I like how they are all kind of unfinished, and the lines sort of drift off onto the page.